Simply the best week of your life!
If you were asking us where is paradise located, we could answer it’s an hidden place in the center of France, around a mythic plateau named Aubrac ; but we would probably keep it for us, because hey we’re like that!
So if you can’t stand anymore overcrowded tourist sites, if you’re tired of going where everyone else is going ; BUT if you’re into panoramas that will take your breath away, empty scenic routes, countryside food and gastronomic cuisine, lots of cows, ageless and authentic villages, lost medieval castles, world renown craftsmanship, exciting activities and cheese… Oh so so so much cheese… well then welcome to a French paradise!
Below is our suggestion of program but hotels or BnB, activities, unique experiences, tastings, workshop, we can customize this week in the heart of France to make it unforgettable.
Aubrac changed our life, why not your’s ?
Driver & Guide
During your entire stay you will have a driver-guide and a luxury vehicle at your disposal. The Guide will assist you in each aspect of your trip and adapt the program according to your wishes.
Pick up & drop off, duration of the service from 2 to 8 days or more, the itinerary, the activities, the hotels & the meals… everything will be tailor made, what you will find below is a suggestion of itinerary.
Everything we propose is 100% private, it may happen that for rare activities the privatization is not possible, in which case we’ll advise you in advance.
DAY & EVENING 1
A world of artisans
- Laguiole with the cheese factory
- Hike in the countryside
- Visit of an artisanal Laguiole knife workshop
- Visit of the Twelve whisky distillery & tasting
- Gastronomic dinner at Bras restaurant – 2 Michelin *
- Night in Le Suquet Bras Relais & Châteaux Laguiole (4 nights)
10 kms – 8 hours
Alternative stay at the exclusive and isolated BnB Buron du Cap combattut, in the heart of the Plateau.
DAY & EVENING 2
Like no others
- Scenic drive through the idyllic Viadène countryside
- Bèz-bédène, stunning perched hamlet
- Le Fel, with its wine trail
- Lunch on the terrasse of the Auberge du Fel
- Visit of a farm “Aubrac” breed
- Aubrac, with the dômerie & the museum
- Aligot dinner at the Buron de Born
- Sunset on the Aubrac high plateau
- Night in Laguiole
130 kms – 12 hours
Alternative program with the visit the world famous village of Conques in the morning.
DAY & EVENING 3
Like a pilgrim
- Trail on the Via Podiensis (Unesco world heritage)
- Lunch in a traditional restaurant of the isolated hamlet of Marchastel
- Nasbinals with its medieval church
- Aubrac tea tasting
- Electric mountain bike or Mushing experience on the plateau
- Mulberry pie at the buron
- Gastronomic dinner at Gilles Moreau restaurant
- Night in Laguiole
65 kms – 12 hours
- Visit of the 14th century Bousquet castle with the owner
- Fishing at the Picade lake
- Pic-nic by the lake with local products
- Tasting of the local craft beer
- Visit of the unique Attic of Capou
- Soulages-Bonneval with its traditional architecture
- Shopping time (customized knives) in Laguiole
- Dinner at leisure
- Night in Laguiole
70 kms – 8 hours
Alternative stop at the Bonneval abbey, famous for its home made chocolate.
DAY & EVENING 5
Around the furnace
- Early pick up and scenic drive
- Fly with the birds & Hot air balloon experience
- Discovery of the Puy Mary, Europe’s largest and highest stratovolcano
- Lunch auvergnat at Buron d’Eylac on the side of the volcano
- The stunning Truyère canyon and Alleuze castle
- Gastronomic dinner at Serge Viera restaurant – 2 Michelin *
- Night at Serge Viera Relais & châteaux in Chaudes-Aigues
- 160 kms – 11 hours
- Luxury spa and private cares with the volcanic spring of Chaudes-Aigues (the hottest one in Europe)
- Lunch at Sodade restaurant in Chaudes-Aigues
- Stop at the Garabit viaduct (Gustave Eiffel)
- Drop off in Clermont-Ferrand
150 kms – 8 hours
Alternative drop off in Montpellier (with a stop at La Couvertoirade of the Garabit viaduct)